Gift Ideas For The Fitness Fanatic
With less that a month to go till Christmas I wanted to get started with a new Christmas Gift feature on this blog. I often find when looking at online Christmas guides that they’re incredibly general and vague. For Him and For Her is covered… and the dreaded “For Grandparents” section, because ALL grandparents LOVE tea towels :)
These gift guides are a good starting point, and we have our own over on CurrentBody.com, but I wanted to throw together a few more specific guides, starting with: The Gym Bunny!
I think everyone knows this hyperactive ball of energy… She’s always dressed in workout attire, she’s carrying a protein shake, and she’s always either going to or from the gym (and somehow manages to look flawless either way!) Make her Christmas extra special this year by getting her something she really wants.
1. A subscription to her favourite magazine – next time you’re at her place have a snoop around and see what she likes reading.
2. Make her a relaxation hamper – take one these footspas and pair it with a muscle relaxing bath soak (silverbirch from Molton Brown), a gorgeous scented candle (Bahama Breeze from Yankee Candle), and a magazine or book. Tie it all up with a bow and you’ve got the perfect gift!
3. Is she still carrying around that smelly old gym bag she had at University? Buy her a new one! Make sure it’s a multi-tasking bag that looks as good as she does. Like this super cute purple gym bag from American Apparel…
4. Put together an at home Gym; just get her a workout DVD, some resistance bands, a few weighted dumbbells and a skipping rope. And make it extra special by putting together an awesome workout playlist of all her favourite tracks.
5. If money is a little tight this year you can still show your gym bunny friend how much you care without breaking the bank. Put together a Spotify playlist just for her, or make her a jar of relaxing bath salts. Or transform an old t-shirt into a workout tank. Follow this great tutorial from Blogilates…